Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
A completed online application (cover note and personal history profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate (CTED) internship are for three (3) months with the opportunity for extension of up to six (6) months, pending on the needs of the Executive Directorate. The Intern will be reporting to Head of Administration and Information Office. CTED is looking for an intern who could start as soon as possible - January or February and is available full time.
1. Research, analyse and evaluate new applications of information technology and data analytics relevant to the needs of the department and assist the Associate Information Management Officer in making recommendations for their deployment;
2. Assist the Associate Information Management Officer in implementing and administer CTED online databases and portals for asset-freezing contact information, IT inventory management, office space and leave/travel management, etc.
3. Assist the Associate Information Management Officer in maintaining and updating the content on the CTED WordPress website;
4. Assist the Associate Information Management Officer in administering the WordPress website and implement regular system and security updates; ensure that both restricted and non-restricted online information is appropriately arranged and secured;
5. Design or manage the production of promotional products such as posters, leaflets, reports, PowerPoint templates, etc. to support CTED public information effort.
6. Process incoming contact information obtained from staff travel to feed to the contacts database which will be used to increase CTED outreach efforts using newsletters and other media.
7. Manage the design and issuance of CTED periodic newsletters through MailChimp.
8. Assist the Associate Information Management Officer in providing multimedia and teleconferencing support in CTED meetings as well as plenary meetings and events in the UN conference building.
9. Assist CTED staff in troubleshooting and resolving office IT problems;
10. Perform any other duties as required.
Knowledge and practical experience in implementing databases, web applications, cloud computing, and web servers. Knowledge or practical experience in processing and migrating analytical data. Knowledge of scripting and programming languages. Knowledge or practical experience in WordPress website administration. Basic knowledge or practical experience in using graphic design tools, especially Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge or practical experience in troubleshooting office IT software and operating systems. Knowledge or practical experience in office IT and software systems administration. Knowledge and practical experience in using video conference hardware and software for teleconferencing. Knowledge of logistics and management for providing IT and multimedia support in UN conference rooms. Knowledge of information management, records management, and electronic document retention. Demonstrates analytical thinking and problem solving. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning & Organizing:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the internship programme. However, applicants are encouraged to list all relevant work experience in their UN professional history profile (PHP).
An advanced university degree (Master's degree of equivalent) in computer science, information systems, systems development or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in other official languages of the United Nations is an advantage.
Should there be a need for an intern who matches the profile above, the applicant will be contacted directly by the directorate. Please note that due to the large number of applicants, the Directorate would not be in a position to reply to each application. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further consideration if required.応募する