UNICEF is looking for interns to support the Finance and Master Data Management processes at the Global Shared Services Centre. These interns will have the opportunity to learn about the various business processes performed, join various trainings and gain challenging work experience within a newly created global center.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, results.
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supports UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is looking for interns to support the Finance and Master Data Management processes at the Global Shared Services Centre. These interns will have the opportunity to learn about the various business process performed, join various trainings and gain challenging work experience within a newly created global center.
Interns will have the opportunity through working in the office to learn about UNICEF’s mission, its various programs, and how it operates globally, while being exposed to working in an international environment. This role will further develop analytical and transactional skills while allowing participation in project work and providing support to senior colleagues.
Interns will be responsible for supporting projects and processes in the stream areas indicated above. Interns will also perform ad hoc administrative, analysis, coordination and support functions in support of overall Finance MDM team.
This may involve:
• Utilize related software to run reports and queries for various monthly processes
• Assist with HR administration, recruitment, Open Days and Interview Scheduling
• Support the HR Resource analysis and Leave reporting
• Assist with data collection, entry and maintaining excel sheets
• Support communications with meeting arrangements, develop presentations
• Support the QA team with report formatting, data analysis and transaction testing
• Assist with closure of share point errors and linking of documents
• Support the Payments team with follow up on open items and report preparation
• Provide administrative support to the Invoice Processing Team and assist with the provision of data/ analysis as required
• Other support activities, to be determined
As an advocate for every child, you will have…
• Current or recent enrollment in a programme at the Master’s level, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or other related area.
• Fluency in English.
• Very good analytical skills and ability to synthesize concepts and material into clear and concise thoughts (see also communication below)
• Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent understanding of and knowledge of software such as but not limited to Lotus based applications, HTML, Word, Excel.
• Managing resources - Organizes and manages information to achieve defined goals and optimum results.
• Communication - Effectively presents thoughts and ideas including complex technical concepts, in a clear, concise, and readily understood manner, both verbally and in writing. Listens to and acknowledges others' perspectives and views.
• Flexibility - Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills – able to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently
Contract Duration and Terms
Internship contracts are on 3-6 months basis, depending on needs and availability. These internships are paid with a stipend of approximately HUF 140,000 per month.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Please submit your application through UNICEF's online recruiting system in English.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.Apply-Coming soon