Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
• Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?)
• Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
• List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
• List your top three areas of interest.
• Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
• Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
The Strategic Planning and Communication Services (SPCS) of the Office of the Under-Secretary-General (OUSG) of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), is responsible for providing strategic planning, communications services and information technology to the Department. SPCS produces and manages content for the web and supports operations in the form of network administration, systems development, and IT asset management. The Web Development internship is for two months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months, pending on the needs of the office.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a SPCS staff member.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Designing brochures, web site and related products to promote DESA’s work online or in physical format with the incorporation of the new DESA ecosystem and identity;
• Assisting in maintaining the DESA website platform using WordPress CMS;
• Building and enhancing online modules used by DESA websites;
• Creating online data reporting tools;
• Using a range of technologies and tools such as PHP, HTML, CSS, Photoshop and SQL databases;
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
• Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be 'clients' and seeks to see things from clients' point of view.
• Technological Awareness: Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office.
The intern is expected to:
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter; and
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme. Knowledge of the various design tools such as Adobe products, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc is desirable.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the Internship Programme. Knowledge of a other
United Nations official language is an asset.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.応募する